Christmas cards are one of the most popular and saleable item in every local store and malls during Christmas season. When this festive occasion starts, almost all things related to it turns a bit expensive, including the traditional Christmas cards. These cards ranges from the most simple to the most elaborate. Some comes with music as you open it, while others comes with the sparkly stuff with tiny accessories that goes with it. They vary in size and price. On the other hand, one doesn't have to spend so much just to send a simple wish. As they said, personal is always special. So, here is a simple way to make a beautiful and personal Christmas card for your loved ones.
- Silver paint maker or gold paint maker
- Black photo corners
- Rubber stamps with different shapes (star, snowflakes, etc.)
- Waxed paper
- Blue art paper for every photograph you use
- Embossing powder
- Heating gun or embossing gun
Ways that you could use for your Christmas cards:
Here are some fabulous ideas which you could use on your Christmas card.
- Glue the photograph onto the blue art paper. Size the blue art paper according to the dimension of the photograph. Glue each corner and sides to match. Put the black photo corners at the corners of the photograph.
- Take out your rubber stamps with different shapes. For this project, the star and snowflakes is recommended. However, little tree stamps and Santa Claus stamps are also available may be used.
- Apply the silver ink or gold ink to the rubber stamp and stamp the card evenly. If you opt to use the star rubber stamp, stamp it equally and sparingly so that they do not occupy much of the space. Make sure not to place the rubber stamp in the same direction a pattern may appear, turn them as necessary as it is to give it a very natural look. A rubber stamp with wider dimension would be excellent. In this case, you can use the rubber stamp to create a border for your card. If you think your card needs a gold touch, then use the gold ink or otherwise it is recommended to use the silver ink. If you are using the stamp to create a card border, then stamp them throughout the card.
- Add embossing powder throughout the snowflakes before the ink dries so that it will stick well to the snowflakes or star shape. Make sure that the ink does not dry soon.
- Blow out the excess embossing powder outside the shapes being printed. Make sure that the emboss powder surrounds the shapes exactly made with the rubber stamp.
- Finally, use the embossing gun or heating gun to heat the embossing powder. Heating it will melt the powder and give it an embedded and raised look.
Making Christmas cards is an interesting activity to keep you occupied when you are free. It is one of the highly recommended activity art sessions you can start with your children. It is a fun way to start teaching art and develop your child's creativity. Christmas is a wonderful opportunity to spend time with our family. It is a great chance to bond and celebrate the wondrous with our loved ones.
Author Resource: Visit merry christmas 24 (http://www.merrychristmas24.com)for more Christmas related articles . You may also visit our http://www.merrychristmas24.com/christmas-cards.aspx section to learn about custom Christmas cards.
view entry | permalink