To make different shapes, you have to learn how to use the tools as follows:
- Needle Tool - Hold one end of the paper close to the needle, roll the paper around the needle and glue the end. Release it on a circle board for the size you want. (Tip: Moisten one end of the paper for a sure grip.)
- Slotted Tool - Insert one end of the paper in between the slot, start rolling the paper, and glue the end. Release it on a circle board for the size you want.
- Tight Coil - Roll one end tightly, turn, glue end, and remove from tool.
- Loose Coil - Roll one end tightly, loosen for the size you wanted, glue end, and remove from tool.
- Teardrop - Roll and glue a loose coil. Pinch one end to make a point.
- Beehive - Roll and glue a tight coil, push the inside out from the center with an object to form the shape. Glue the inside of the hive. (Tip: Use the end of your slotted or needle tool.)
- Diamond - Roll and glue a loose coil. Pinch the both ends and shape.
- Fringed flower - Use 3/8 size of paper. Draw a line on one side and cut along edges (other side) close to each other. Roll the fringed paper to a tight roll and glue the end. Open the fringes from the center to create a beautiful flower.
view entry | permalink